Developing of our Infrastructure
The Egyptians built pyramids, the Greeks built temples, the Romans built amphitheatres, the Jews built schools."
- Chief Rabbi Sir Jonathan Sacks
To maintain and improve the schools' infrastructure the KDSF will focus fundraising for the following projects:
Overall Campus Refurbishment
- Continuous upgrading of IT technology in the King David schools.
Campus Specific Refurbishment
King David-Sandton campus
- Renovating the Media Centre
- Rebuilding 14 classrooms to replace the existing pre-fab classrooms
- Building an administrative section
King David-Victory Park campus
- Renovating and redesigning the tuck-shop and store areas
- Renovating the Media Centre into a modern facility
- Adding to the campus cultural centre
- Completion of the Grade 4-7 classroom upgrade
- Rebuilding of a high school classroom block to replace the remaining prefab classrooms
King David-Linksfield campus
- Upgrading the physical security including the internal road system and parking on the campus.
- Refurbishing of pre-school classrooms
- Refurbishing of the KDJAM (Jewish Academy of Music) Music Centre
- Renovation of 25 senior primary classrooms, toilet facilities and the sport pavilion
- Upgrading of high school teaching venues, laboratories, the hall and toilets.
Full preliminary plans and their associated costs for all schools are available on request.